Now that Gwinnett citizens have received their 2009 temporary tax bills, the Tax Commissioner is receiving a large number of calls and emails from citizens with questions about their bills, property assessments, school tax, millage rates and more.
“I want to make sure citizens get prompt and accurate information when they have questions. There are many County offices involved in property tax issues, and it can be confusing,” explained Katherine Meyer, Gwinnett Tax Commissioner.
Below is information to help guide citizens to the right offices for answers.
Gwinnett Tax Commissioner
· Bills and collects Gwinnett property taxes
· Administers homestead exemptions
· Note: The 2009 tax bill that property owners just received is a temporary bill until a final millage rate is approved by the Board of Commissioners. A final notice of taxes may be sent if additional taxes or a refund is due.
· 770-822-8800, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com
Gwinnett Tax Assessor’s Office
· Assesses property values
· Reviews property assessment appeals
· 770-822-7220 or email email@example.com.
· Note: The Tax Commissioner has no authority for the assessment of property and is not involved in that process.
Gwinnett Board of Commissioners
Sets County property tax millage rate
770-822-7000 or www.gwinnettcounty.com.
Gwinnett Board of Education
Adopts school system property tax millage rate
678-301-6200 or www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us
Gwinnett Stormwater Utility
Administers stormwater service
678-376-7193 or www.gwinnettstormwater.com.
Gwinnett Traffic Engineering and Planning
Responsible for street lights and speed tables
Important to remember: Gwinnett property owners may see an increase in their tax bills due to state government budget cuts that included the Homeowners Tax Relief Grant (HTRG). Additionally, the fair market value of property may have changed resulting in an increase in the amount owed. Learn more at www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com.
Community News You Can Use
Follow us on Twitter: @gafrontpage